Circular No. ES/423/2020-21 6th February, 2021
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Introduction of online e-Tariff Rate Quota System for Imports
We would like to inform you that O/o DGFT has issued Trade Notice No. 40/2020-21 dated 4th February, 2021 regarding introduction of online e-Tariff Rate Quota System for Imports.
On the basis of Customs Notifications as applicable, DGFT allocates quota for import of items under the Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) as per Paras 2.61 and 2.107 of HBP (2015-20). Applications for the TRQ scheme are currently being submitted through the Restricted Item Import Licencing eCom module.
As part of IT Revamp, please note that –
- O/o DGFT has prepared a new online module – e-TRQ System for processing such e-TRQ applications.
- W.e.f. 8th February, 2021 onwards, all applicants seeking Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) for imports are required to submit their application online under “e-Tariff Rate Quota” in the Import Management System, through importer’s dashboard on the DGFT Website (https://dgft.gov.in >>> Import Management System >>> Tariff Rate Quota).
- For TRQ applications which have already been submitted for FY 2021-22 and are yet to be processed, these applications will be migrated to the new system, for which no action is required by the applicant.
- Any request for amendment of the TRQ licenses, issued on or after 8th February, 2021, is required to be submitted electronically only through the e-TRQ system.
- Further, licenses for all TRQs would be issued electronically and TRQ License data would be transmitted electronically to the Customs Authorities.
- No paper copies of the TRQ Import license will be issued by DGFT w.e.f. 8th February, 2021.
- For any help and guidance on this new process, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on https://dgft.gov.in >>> Learn >>> Application Help & FAQs. For any further assistance, any of the following channels may be assessed —
- Raise a service request ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service under Services a ’Complaints & Suggestions’
- Call the toll-free Helpline number
- Send an email to the Helpdesk on email@example.com.
Members may kindly make a note of the above and do the needful accordingly.