Circular No.ES/76/2022-23 19th August 2022
To: Members of the Council
Sub: All Industry Rate Drawback Claims - Disposal of older cases
Air Cargo Customs (Sahar) has issued Public Notice No.32/2022 dated 1st August, 2022 informing about disposal of older cases related to All Industry Rate Drawback Claims.
In this connection, it may be informed that –
- Large number of Drawback Shipping Bills are pending for reply from the exporters for quite a long time.
- In these cases, queries were raised for some deficiencies in the claims during the processing of drawback claims and members were intimated the same. It was observed that exporters have still not come forward with replies to the queries raised along with the requisite documents to enable processing of their claims.
- In this context, as you may be aware Sahar Air Cargo Customs had earlier issued Public Notice No. 101/2020 dated 29th July, 2020 where efforts were made by the Commissionerate to intimate the exporters and settle the claims by posting IEC-wise list of un-replied drawback Shipping Bills on the ACC website www.accmumbai.gov.in in the month of July, 2020.
Based on these similar lines, ACC has once again posted a list of IEC-wise pending drawback shipping bills.
Members are advised by ACC to follow the procedures as mentioned below and settle their claims pending Drawback Claims -
- To submit the Query Replies along with the Drawback Shipping Bills in the Drawback (EDI) Section/ Service Centre of Air Cargo Customs, Sahar and get their queries resolved within three weeks from the date of issuance of this Public Notice.
- Otherwise, all pending un-replied queries shall be processed for payment at Zero rate.
- In cases where the AIR Drawback Shipping Bills are processed as above for payment at Zero rate, exporters may file Supplementary claim as provided under Rule 16 of Customs, Central Excise Drawback Rules 2017 and within the time period specified therein along with particulars/ documents.
Members may kindly make a note of the above and do the needful at the earliest.