Date: 22nd August 2022
To: MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
Sub: Invitation to participate in IRANTEX in Tehran during October 2022
As part of Export Promotion Activities of the Council for the year 2022-23, the Council is organizing participation of its member-companies in IRANTEX in Tehran, Iran from 21st to 24th October 2022. The participation of Indian companies in the above Show is organized in association with Embassy of India in Tehran and supported by Ministries of Commerce & Industry and Textiles, Govt. of India under MAI (Market Access Initiative) Scheme.
High-light of IRANTEX 2022:
· Name of the Exhibition: The 28th International Exhibition of Textile Machinery, Raw Materials, Home Textiles, Embroidery Machines and Textile Products.
· Known as : IRANTEX
· Dates: 21st to 24th October 2022
· Venue: Tehran International Permanent Fairground, Tehran
· Product Coverage: Fibre, Yarn, Fabrics, Home Textiles, Dyestuff & Textile Machineries.
· Participation charges under MAI Scheme: Rs.2.40 Lakhs for a furnished booth of 9 sqm.
· Booth Package: Octanorm booth with wall panels, carpet, power socket, fascia, 3 chairs, 1 round table, 1 information counter, 3 spotlights, dustbin, listing in exhibition directory and dedicated webpage for each company. Additional furniture/equipment will be available at an additional cost.
· Number of participants under MAI Scheme: 15 companies
· Last date for booking participation: 10th September 2022
Islamic Republic of Iran – Trade Highlights
· Islamic Republic of Iran is a one of the growing markets for Indian man-made fibre textiles in the Western Asia Region.
· Exports of Indian MMF (Manmade Fibre) textiles to Iran during 2021-2022 were around US$ 30 million.
· Iran’s total global import of MMF textiles were around US$ 1337.42 million during 2021 in which India’s share is only 2%. There is substantial scope to further increase our exports to Iran
· Fabrics were the dominant products with nearly 57% share followed by Made ups 32%, Yarn 8%, and fibre 3%.
· Imports of Textile & Clothing by Iran from the world were US$ 1726.36 million during 2021.
· India’s share in total imports of Textile & Clothing of Iran is 2.54%, worth US$ 48.81 million in 2021.
· Textiles imports of Iran from the world accounted for around 99% (US$ 1721.50 million) of its total T&C imports of US$ 1726.36 million in 2021.
· Clothing imports of Iran from the world account for nearly 1% (US$ 3.45 million) of its total T&C imports.
· Major Indian MMF textiles being exported to Iran are fabrics of Polyester Filament, Synthetic Filaments, Polyester Viscose fabrics, Polyester Filament Yarn, Viscose spun yarn, Polyester spun Yarn, etc.
· Major suppliers of MMF Textiles to Iran are UAE, China, Korea, Japan, and India etc.
· Hence, there is tremendous scope to increase India’s exports to Iran and increase our market share.
Publicity & Promotion: The event will be publicized extensively by the Organizers of the Show in Iran. The Council will also publicize the Fair suitably through a separate Exhibitors Catalogue, social media, sending invites to relevant textile importers in Iran and coordinate with the Indian Missions in Iran to promote the event to the leading importers of textiles & clothing, among other publicity measures.
· As SRTEPC (SYNTHETIC & RAYON TEXTILES EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL) is organizing participation of its member-companies in the above Show in Iran under the MAI Scheme of Govt, all eligible participating companies will be offered MAI subsidy for reduced amount of participation charge as above, subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions.
· SRTEPC will provide to all eligible participants re-imbursement of costs of 2-way airfares, subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions. The reimbursement of cost of economy class airfare to eligible participants will be limited with a maximum ceiling of Rs.75000/- or the actual ticket cost (whichever is less) subject to approval of MOC under MAI Scheme.
Criteria for availing reimbursement of airfare:
· Reimbursement of airfare is eligible to the exporting company having the export turnover below Rs.50 crores (FOB value) in the preceding financial year. However, member-exporters with zero exports in the last financial year (2021-22) will not be eligible.
· Members to have completed 12 months of Membership and are regularly filing Export returns with the Council.
· Permissible only to the regular Director / Partner/ Proprietor or a regular officer of the company in a Senior Managerial Position (not admissible to a foreign national)
· Claim forms duly filled in and complete in all respects must be submitted to the Council within 30 days of completion of the event. Please Keep all boarding pass, hotel confirmation copies in Iran, ticket copy with Agent’s bill.
· Initial Application form for claiming re-imbursement of airfare should reach the Council 16 days prior to your departure date.
Conditions for availing MAI subsidy:
· An exporter can avail MAI benefit for participation in 3 approved events in a financial year. 4th time participation in the Fair will be allowed without MAI subsidy.
· An exporter can claim MAI benefit for participation in one booth only. Additional booths can be booked by the participant without MAI benefit (One booth per company only for MAI eligibility).
· A maximum of three participations in a particular trade fair/exhibition would only be eligible for MAI assistance, i.e., members who have availed assistance three times (including past cases) for a particular fair/exhibition, thereafter, have to participate in that fair on their own.
Visa: Though participants will have to obtain their visa on their own, the Council shall, however, facilitate their efforts to get Iran Visa with the help of the Indian Missions in Iran.
Terms and Conditions of the Exhibitions:
· Each participant will be given a furnished exhibition booth of 9 sqm size with necessary furniture, display props, lights etc. to display their products at the stall.
· Additional furniture/equipment will be available at an additional cost.
· The participation fee will not include the expenses of airfares, hotel expenses, local transportation etc. of the participating firm’s representatives.
· Each selected Company will have to depute a minimum of one senior representative to the Show.
· The Council proposes to select around 15 companies with only MAI subsidized participation fee in the Fair. However, in excess of 15, member-exporters can participate in the Fair at market cost.
· All participants must abide by the basic guidelines of the Organizers for participation in the Fair.
· Participation will be accepted on first-cum-first-served basis with full payment.
Apply for participation: Exporters registered with SRTEPC, and other Textile and Apparel EPC’s can apply for participation. Members interested in participating in the above event are requested to fill the “Online Application Form” (https://forms.office.com/r/3Nr6mHnvcj). The participation fee can be sent through Demand Draft/Cheque at par in favor of “The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council, Mumbai.” Participation charge may also be sent to the Council through RTGS/NEFT transfer based on the Bank details below:
· Name of the beneficiary : The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council
· Name of the Bank : Union Bank of India
· Branch : V N Road, Church gate, Mumbai
· Bank Account No. : 319501010036617
· MICR Code No. : 400026021
· IFSC Code No. : UBIN0531952
· Council GSTIN No. : 27AAATT0077C1ZR
Considering the limited availability of time for confirmation of participation in the above Fair, we look forward to receiving your confirmation at the earliest.
· 80% Cancellation charge, if withdrawn on or before 15th September 2022
· No refund will be available if withdrawn thereafter.
We look forward to receiving your confirmation soon.
Encl: Application Form