Date: 12th September 2022
TO MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL,
Re: Invitation to participate in IM INTERMODA at Guadalajara, Mexico -January 17 to 20 January 2023
We are glad to inform you that SRTEPC will be organizing participation of its member-companies at IM INTERMODA being held at Guadalajara in Mexico under the MAI Scheme of the Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India on the dates, as mentioned above.
About IM INTERMODA at Mexico:
INTERMODA is the safest and largest fashion business platform in Latin America. At 39 years old, this commercial meeting reaffirms its leadership in the face of current adversities, through constant evolution through innovation, experiences, and mastery in health security protocols. Hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of buyers meet at each edition.
Highlights of IM INTERMODA:
1. Name of the Event : IM INTERMODA
2. City : Guadalajara, Mexico
3. Dates of the Event : 17 to 20 January 2023
4. Organizer : Internacionales de la Moda, S.A. de C.V.
5. Participation fee : Rs.1.25 Lakhs (subsidized price)
6. Stall size : Furnished stall of 11.96 sqm
7. Indian participants : 15 companies under MAI Scheme
8. Participants will be selected on a “First-come-first-Served” basis.
9. Last date of confirmation of participation is 25th September 2022
In connection with your participation in IM INTERMODA Fair, kindly note the following:
1. The participation will be limited to 15 companies with subsidized cost under the MAI grant of MOC.
2. Each participant will be given a stall of around 11.96 sqm White aluminum structure 3.6m x 3.6m x 2.5m height, 5mm thick white agglomerate panel. 1 ID Sign with brand name (does not include logo). 1 table, 3 chairs, 1 counter height storage locker, Carpet (color may vary). 1 double polarized 110/120 volts, 500W electrical. Choose between fixtures: 1 rolling rack or slat panel walls.
3. Any extra requirements will have to be borne by participants on the basis of actual costs charged by the Organizers of the Fair.
4. 1 company will be allocated one booth only under the subsidized charge.
5. Amount of participation charge doesn’t include any expenses of representative/s of participants companies like airfare, hotel expenses etc.
6. A small common pool of Interpreters will be made available for helping participants. However, for an independent service of an interpreter, participants will have to use their own interpreters.
7. Participants will be given assistance in obtaining Visa.
Visa : Holders of any type of valid and multiple entry U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen visas (any nationality) or permanent residence of U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen, Pacific Alliance (Colombia, Peru, Chile) DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel on business, tourism, or transit purpose for or less than 180 days as long as they present any of the mentioned documents at the point of entry.
Publicity & Promotion: The event will be publicized extensively by the Organizers of the renowned International Fair in Mexico. The Council will also publicize the Fair suitably through a separate Exhibitors Catalogue, sending invites to relevant textile importers in Mexico and coordinate with the Indian Embassy to promote the event to the leading importers of textiles & clothing, among other publicity measures.
1. As SRTEPC is organizing participation of member-companies in IM INTERMODA under the MAI Scheme of Govt, all eligible participating companies have been offered MAI subsidy for reduced amount of participation charge as above, subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions.
2. SRTEPC will provide to all eligible participants re-imbursement of costs of 2-way airfares, subject to the fulfilment of certain conditions. The reimbursement of cost of economy class airfare to eligible participants will be limited with a maximum ceiling of Rs.1.25 Lakhs, subject to approval of MOC under MAI Scheme.
Criteria for availing reimbursement of airfare: Please refer the below link for details http://www.srtepc.org/gallery/view/49040
Mexican Textile Market:
· Mexico is one of the leading markets for MMF textiles in the Latin American Region (LAC).
· Exports of Indian MMF textiles to Mexico during 2020-21 were around US$ 75 million.
· Mexico’s total global import of MMF textiles were around US$ 5 billion during 2021 in which India’s share is only 2%. There is substantial scope to further increase our exports to Mexico.
· Fibre were the dominant products with nearly 38% share followed by fabric 30%, yarn 28% and made ups 4%.
· Imports of Textile & Clothing by Mexico from the world were US$ 11 billion during 2021.
· India’s share in total imports of Textile & Clothing of Mexico is 3%, worth US$ 342 million in 2021.
· Textile imports of Mexico from the world account for nearly 53% (US$ 5 billion) of its total T&C imports.
· Clothing imports of Mexico from the world account for nearly 38% (US$ 4 billion) of its total T&C imports.
· Major Indian MMF textiles being exported to Mexico are Polyester Textured Yarn, Polyester filament fabrics, Polyester staple fibre, Synthetic filament fabrics, etc.
· Major suppliers of MMF Textiles to Mexico are USA, China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Korea, and Canada etc.
Hence, there is tremendous scope to increase India’s exports to Mexico and increase our market share.
Apply for participation:
Exporters registered with SRTEPC, and other Textile and Apparel EPC’s can apply for participation. Members interested to participate in the above event are requested to send their duly filled in “Reply Form” with participation fee by way of Demand Draft/Cheque at par in favour of “The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council, Mumbai. The payment can be sent through RTGS on the basis of the following Bank details:
· Name of the beneficiary : The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council
· Name of the Bank : Union Bank of India
· Branch : V N Road, Churchgate, Mumbai
· Bank Account No. : 319501010036617
· MICR Code No. : 400026021
· IFSC Code No. : UBIN0531952
· Council GSTIN No. : 27AAATT0077C1ZR
Cancellation of participation will be based on the following:
1. 80% cancellation charge, if participation is withdrawn on or before 30th September 2022
2. No refund will be available if participation is withdrawn on any date thereafter.
In view of the above, we await to receive your confirmation soon.
Application Form: https://forms.office.com/r/gi45W1TZXs