MR/Ex/ 1466 April 13, 2017
TO MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
Sub: Request Participation in Federal Trade Fair for Apparel & Textile “TEXTILLGPROM”, Moscow, Russia from August 29 to September 1, 2017
We are glad to inform you that considering the last year’s encouraging results and overwhelming support from members, the Council is mobilising participation of its member-companies to the Federal Trade Fair for Apparel & Textile “TEXTILLEGPROM”, Moscow, Russia, scheduled from August 29 to September 1, 2017. The details of the Exhibition are as follows:
- Dates : August 29 to September 1, 2017
- Venue: All-Russian Exhibition Center (V.V.C) Moscow, Russia
- Product Coverage: All types of yarns, fabrics, made-ups, ladies dress materials, hosieries, apparels and home textiles of manmade fibres, Cotton, Wool, and their blends.
PROFILE OF THE EVENT: FEDERAL TRADE FAIR has been an established and important Textile Fair in Russia and also in East Europe, which attracts a large number of buyers of textile products from Russia including entire CIS region and other major textile importing countries across the world. The Fair is regularly visited by textile/clothing manufacturers, large scale retailers, wholesalers, chain stores, departmental stores, buying houses, leading agents including Fashion Designers.
WHY TO PARTICIPATE IN RUSSIA- AN EMERGING TEXTILE HUB
- During 2016, Russia imported about US$ 8 bn of textile products from the world in which India’s share was only 3% (US$ 262 mn). Imports of MMF textiles by Russia in 2016 were US$ 2 bn and India’s share was only 2% (US$ 38 mn).
- More than 50% of the world's leading retail chains now operate in Russia. This has taken the country to an exclusive club of nations that command such attention from global merchandisers, with the existing members including the UK, the US, the UAE and China.
- A total of 52 global retail chains launched their first stores in Russia in 2015. 40 of them were opened in Moscow alone. Apart from Moscow, the most popular Russian cities with multinational retailers are St Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod and Samara. All of these cities are home to international standard shopping malls complete with globally significant anchor retailers, including Ikea (Sweden), OBI (Germany) and Auchan (France). Among the retailers making their Russian debut in 2015 also include Tsumori Chiasto, MCS, Malo, Nelva and Henry Cotton's.
- In April of last year, the World Bank predicted that Russia would return to growth by a modest 1.1 per cent in 2017.
- Russia is the one of the largest markets for Turkish textile exports. However, present relationship between Russia and Turkey has not been so cordial and hence, opportunity has been opened for Indian textile exports. This is a good prospect for our members to enhance their exports to Russia by establishing business contacts in the Russian market, explore new opportunities, meet new buyers/importers and gain a foothold in this growing market.
- The Russian textile & clothing market is likely to grow at about 3.5–4% by the end of 2017 in terms of value to reach 3.21 trillion Rubles (US$ 60.9 billion approx).
- With China losing its position as the world’s leading textile manufacturer and Russia’s strained relationship with Turkey open Russia for exports from countries like India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, etc.
- There are two major factors that make textile products imports to Russia from countries like India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, etc. more competitive than from China are the prices and the lower import duties imposed by the Russian government.
- Russian brands now opt for combined production. They purchase textiles including yarn, fabrics, accessories, etc. from abroad and then convert/sew in Russia where the cost of doing so is cheaper.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT ?
- FEDERAL TRADE FAIR is one of the popular and reputed exhibitions in the Eurasian Region being held since 1993, visited by nearly 50,000 visitors annually.
- Participation in this event will help Indian textiles industry to showcase the entire range of textiles from fibres, yarns, fabrics, accessories and garments on a common platform.
- The Exhibition will help customers from Russia and neighbouring region to see the latest range of Indian textile items across the textile value chain under one roof and conclude profitable business deals.
- Product display in this exhibition may provide exposure of Indian textile products not only to Russia but also to other CIS, Asian and European countries.
- Participation in this event is likely to double our exports from the current level and substantially increase our market share.
PARTICIPATION FEE: This event is being organized under MAI Scheme and hence a discounted Participation Fee of Rs. 0.95 lakh has been fixed for a 9 sqm. booth and Rs. 0.65 lakh for 6 sqm booth with standard facilities. Only limited booth of 6 sqm and 9 sqm are available. It may be noted that this amount of participation fee does not include expenses relating to hotel accommodation, air-ticket of the representatives, etc.
Early Bird Discount (EBD) : An Early Bird Discount of Rs.5,000/- will be offered (on the participation charges mentioned above) to those companies confirming their participation with a non-refundable part payment of Rs.0.50 lakh along with the dully filled in “SRTEPC Reply Form ” on or before 27th April 2017 (Thursday).
It may be noted that this EBD will not be available after 27th April 2017 under any circumstances. The full payment towards participation charge should be sent on or before 11th May, 2017 (Thursday), the last date to confirm participation in the Fair.
Booth Package: The Standard booth package for participation in the Fair includes fascia board with the company name, one display table, one round table, four chairs, four spotlights, one power socket, entrance pass, carpeting, cleaning and night-time guarding.
How to Apply: As the availability of space is limited and the participation is based on First-cum-first-served basis, interested member-companies are requested to confirm their participation by sending the duly filled SRTEPC Reply Form along with the participation fee mentioned above at the earliest. The payment for participation can be sent directly to the Council by RTGS/Cheque/ Demand draft drawn in favour of “The Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council, Mumbai”. Please note that the applications received by the Council without the payment will not be considered for confirmation of participation in the Fair.
Awaiting your immediate response.
V ANIL KUMAR
Encl: SRTEPC Reply Form