Ref No. : ES/ 62/2017-18 June 01, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Facility for Online Generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/ Agents
We would like to inform you that CBEC has issued Circular No. 20/2017- Customs dated 31.05. 2017 regarding a proposal to facilitate online generation of rotation number by Shipping Lines/ Agents.
As you are aware, the present process for the allotment of 'Rotation Number' for a vessel that calls on a port is being followed accordingly.
- First and foremost, the concerned Shipping Line or Shipping Agent (SL/SA) must file an application with the designated section in the Custom House, along with the desired particulars in the prescribed format.
- After confirmation of the particulars, the designated official who is assigned the appropriate role on the Indian Customs EDI System (ICES), enters the relevant data in this system.
- Upon submission of this data, the 'Rotation Number' is generated by the System (ICES) and print-outs showing the vessel particulars and the 'Rotation Number' are generated for the (SL/SA).
In order to simplify the generation of 'Rotation Number' for vessels, a facility has now been developed on ICEGATE for online application and self-generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/Agents (SL/SA).
- Under the proposed facility, the Shipping Lines/Agents registered with ICEGATE using their digital signature would have an option "Rotation Number Generation" on the ICEGATE user menu.
- The declarant needs to provide the following details in the web-form.
i) Customs Location Code (LOCODE), ii) IMO Code of the vessel, iii) Voyage Number, iv) Master's Name, v) Shipping Line Code, vi) Shipping Agent Code, vii) Next Port of Call, viii) Expected Date of Arrival of vessel.
- On submission of the above details and authentication by the user using a one-time password (OTP), the Rotation Number would be generated by the system.
- The user also has option to check the status of Rotation in the system under secure login.
- For casual visitors (members of the trade), a 'Rotation Number Inquiry' option would be made available on the ICEGATE website.
For more information, members may kindly refer CBEC Circular No. 20/2017- Customs.