Circular No. : ES/ 66/2017-18 June 14, 2017
To : Members of the Council
Sub: Acceptance of late charges (section 46 of Customs Act, 1962) / amendment fees by JNCH on 24 X 7 basis
JNCH (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 72/2017 dated 02.06.2017 regarding acceptance of late charges (section 46 of Customs Act, 1962) / amendment fees by JNCH on 24 X 7 basis.
In this connection, JNCH had received representations from the members of Trade regarding the difficulty in making payment of certain late charges / amendment fees beyond working hours.
In this regard, it has been decided that
- The officer on duty in Control Room of JNCH (working on 24 X 7 basis) will accept the aforesaid late charges / amendment fees beyond working hours and issue acknowledgement subject to following conditions:
- Normally, aforesaid payments should be made by cheque (subject to realisation) / demand draft / pay order only.
- In case of cash payment, maximum limit is Rs. 5000/-per transaction only.
- Officer on duty in Control Room of JNCH will ensure that relevant details are entered in the Register (to be maintained as per format given in the Public Notice No. 72/ 2017 ) and handover all documents (including challan, cheque / demand draft / pay order, cash amount) as submitted by person making payment to officer incharge of cash section before 12 AM of next working day.
- Cash section will account for all such payments received beyond working hours in their register and deposits such Cheque/ Demand draft/ Pay order or Cash payment to government account immediately on the day of receipt itself.
- If any payment made through cheque is not realised for any reason, immediate action need to be taken (including action under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881) against the person making such payment.
In case of difficulty, members may kindly contact the Deputy/ Assistant Commissioner In charge of Appraising Main (Export) at email@example.com/ Phone No: 022 27244959).
Members are requested to make note of the above and do the needful.