Circular No.ES/80/2017-18 June 20, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: RMS Facilitation Centre for eligible importers
This is to inform you that Air Cargo Complex (Sahar) has issued Public Notice No. 06/ 2017 dated 16.06.2017 on the above subject.
As part of continuing these 'Trade Facilitation Measures' And 'Ease of doing business',
- A dedicated 'RMS Facilitation Centre' has been created in Import Shed, ACC, Mumbai.
- The Said 'RMS Facilitation Centre' Will act as a single window for giving out of charge to RMS Facilitated Bills Of Entry (Bs/E) of eligible importers as mentioned below and will be manned by dedicated Appraising Officer/ Superintendent.
- In Case of RMS Facilitated B/E, as soon as Importer/ Customs Broker will produce the folder containing requisite documents to the Appraising Officer /Superintendent Of 'RMS Facilitation Centre', the concerned officer will scrutinize the documents and after being satisfied about the correctness of payment of customs duty (including ADD Or CVD Or Safeguard duty, etc.) RMSI CCR instructions, verification/ Debiting of licence/ Certificate (like COO, etc.), will give out of charge to the B/E.
- The 'RMS Facilitation Centre' will provide to the eligible importers, facility of getting out of charge for all their Bs/E from a single point without having to go to respective Out-of-Charge Officers (as per last digit of B/E) in different sheds. This Step will enable faster clearance of cargo of eligible importers and will help in reducing dwell time.
The importers who will be eligible for getting this facility should fulfill the following criterion-
- Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Tier- 1, 2 or 3, accredited importers.
- The importer should have atleast 3 years old IEC;
- The importer should have filed atleast 25 documents each in last 3 years
- Thee importer should have deposited atleast 1Cr. duty each in last 3 years;
- The importer should undertake to apply for AEO Registration after availing the facility and should be in a position to have AEO Certification within 6 months.
Members interested in availing the facility of out of charge from 'RMS Facilitation Centre' should approach PRO Cell of Import Commissionerate with requisite documents for verification of their credentials. PRO Cell after verification of credentials of the importer will allow them to avail the said facility with prior approval from Competent Authority. The procedure prescribed will be effective from 01st July, 2017.
Members are requested to make note of the above and do the needful.