Circular No.ES/82/2017-18 June 27, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: GST roll out and preparation thereof
Mumbai Customs has issued Public Notice No. 71/2017 dated 23.06.2017 on the above subject.
- With the GST set to be rolled out on 01St July 2017, in this regard following changes are anticipated in Bill of Entry/Shipping Bill in alignment with proposed GST implementation.
- The refund on export of goods is contingent upon filing of (a) shipping bill accompanied by the GST invoice and (b) export general manifest.
Changes in Customs law and procedure are accompanied by the changes in the EDI system so as to effectively implement the IGST law from 01.07.2017. The changes are broadly in the following areas:
- Levy of duties– IGST and Compensation Cess (wherever applicable) to be levied on imports.
- Change in Bill of Entry and Shipping Bill forms- To capture additional details required for validation with GSTN in case of IGST refund claims (export) or availability of IGST credit (imports)
- Procedure in respect of manual filing of Bills of Entry and Shipping Bills- To electronically capture basic data required for validation with GSTN on imports and exports.
For more details on the above changes for the benefit of the departmental officers and trade, members may kindly refer to the Advisory on Customs related matters on introduction of GST given in the public Notice No.71/2017.