Date: 11th July 2017
TO MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL,
Re: Invitation to participate in Cairo Fashion & Tex – 13th to 16th September 2017 in Egypt
We are glad to inform you that the Council is organizing a combined participation of member-companies of various EPCs including its own members in Cairo Fashion & Tex in Egypt, which is one of the highly potential importing markets of textiles in the world. SRTEPC is organizing participation of Indian companies in this highly established and renowned Fair with the active assistance and guidance of the Embassy of India and support of the Ministries of Textiles and Commerce & Industry.
In this regard, in order to enable you to quickly get the highlights for Council’s participation in Cairo Fashion & Tex, we would like to inform you about the following:
- Name of the Event: Cairo Fashion & Tex, Egypt (62nd Edition)
- Organizers of the International Fair: M/S. Pyramids International Group, Cairo.
- Co-organizers for India participation: SRTEPC (Lead Council) & FIEO (Supporting Body).
- Venue of the Fair: Cairo International Conference Center, Cairo, Egypt.
- India Pavilion at Cairo Fashion & Tex: In order to get focused attention of visiting buyers in Cairo Fashion & Tex, all Indian participating companies will be accommodated at a centrally demarcated area – called “India Pavilion”. Special design on Facia of all the booths accommodated in India Pavilion will be used to help Indian participants to be noticeable among visiting buyers in Cairo Fashion & Tax.
- Duration of the Fair: 4-days.
- Dates of the Fair: 13th (Wednesday), 14th (Thursday), 15th (Friday) & 16th (Saturday) September 2017.
- Timings of the Fair: 12 pm to 10 pm (all four days).
- Total Number of Participants to be mobilized: 40.
- Sizes of Booth available for participation: Largely 9 sqm, but a few 6 sqm sized booth are also kept to accommodate very smaller companies.
- Highly subsidized Participation Fee due to MAI funding of the Ministry of Commerce:
- For 9 Sqm Booth – Rs.1,10,000/-
- For 6 sqm Booth – Rs.77,500/-
- Floor Plan of India Pavilion at Cairo Fashion & Tex: download.
- Basis of selection of participants: “First-Come-First-Serve” basis with payment & duly filled in “Application Form”.
- Confirmation needed: Immediately.
- PROFILE OF THE EGYPTIAN TEXTILES AND CLOTHING MARKET:
- Egypt’s Global import of Textile & Clothing: USD 2.88 Billion
- Egypt’s Global import of Textiles: USD 2.29 Billion
- Egypt’s Global import of MMF Textiles: USD 1644.64 Million
- India’s Export of MMF Textiles to Egypt during 2015-16: USD 146.75 Million
- SHARES OF TEXTILE TRADE IN DIFFERENT SECTORS IN EGYPT’S TOTAL IMPORT OF TEXTILES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- MMF : US$ 1644.64 Million
- Cotton : US$ 529.61 Million
- Wool : US$ 57.27 Million
- Carpet : US$ 34.24 Million
- Jute and other Vegetable textile fibres : US$ 23.53 Million
- Silk : US$ 0.11 Million
- Others : US$ 591.10 Million
- Reimbursement of part-cost of Air Travels: As mentioned above, though the Govt. has discontinued financial aid to eligible companies under MDA Scheme, on the representation of EPCs, it is currently considering a temporary scheme for reimbursing Air travel costs for a limited number of member-companies in small sectors, subject to be fulfilment of certain conditions. While the details of the amount & number of companies to be reimbursed under the above temporary scheme are still awaited from the Govt., as soon as we receive the details, the same will be immediately communicated to all the companies. Meanwhile, all those, interested from this category, are requested to confirm participation and avail these benefits. For more details, you may like to contact the Council.
- Terms & Conditions for participation:
- A furnished booth will include name on the facia, 1 table, 3 chairs, 1 fabric display stand or shelf for yarn, 3 spot lights, 1 power socket, & 1 dustbin. Any other extra requirements, not included above, will have to be borne by participants on the basis of additional costs, which will be charged by the Organizer of the Exhibition. However, number of furnitures like chairs and rod/shelf will depend on the actual size of booths.
- We may like to mention here that since the Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India has henceforth withdrawn MDA Scheme for participation in Exhibitions/Fairs, hence all Exhibitions/Fairs will be organized by Export Promotion Councils under the MAI Scheme of our Ministry to subsidize the cost of participation charges.
- Selected companies will have to depute their representative/s to the Fairs at their own costs.
- The expenses of airfare and hotel accommodation for participating company-representatives are not included in the participation charges.
- All corner booths will be charged by 5% extra cost, and it will be available only for 9 sqm sized booth.
In view of the above, if you have not already booked your stall, you are requested to confirm the same by sending us duly filled in “Application Form” along with payment very soon, as the number of booths is extremely limited. For more details, you may like to refer our original Circular message dated 19th May 2017.
Awaiting your reply very soon.
Encl: (1) "Floor Plan"
(2) “Application Form”