Circular No.ES/170/2017-18 October 06, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Validation of Bank Accounts in the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) for speedy & smooth disbursal of IGST (Integrated Goods & Services Tax) Export refund
We would like to inform you that JNCH (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 123/ 2017 dated 28.09.2017 requesting exporters to update their Bank Accounts in the Public Financial Management System for speedy & smooth disbursal of IGST Export refund.
JNCH has clarified that
- The shipping bills itself are treated as the refund application with effect from 01/07/2017 and hence, no separate refund application is required to be filed.
- The application for IGST refund for exports shall be deemed to have been filed, when the conveyance carrying the export goods leaves India, i.e. Export General Manifest (EGM) is filed, and
- The applicant has furnished a valid Return in Form GSTR- 3 under Section 54 of GST Act, read with Rule 96 of CGST Rules.
In order to avail the IGST refund, members may please make a note of the following
- It is mandatory that the exporters have validated their bank accounts by “Public Financial Management System (PFMS)”.
- If bank accounts of the exporters are closed and/or not validated by PFMS, then the IGST refund, even if sanctioned, may not get credited to the accounts of the exporters
JNCH has reported the following :
- The “Closed” bank accounts of the exporters which still exist in the system, PFMS has invalidated such accounts making the prospective disbursal of IGST refund to such closed accounts impossible.
- The list of accounts, which are not validated by PFMS pertaining JNCH (Export) is uploaded on the website of the “Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House” (http://www.jawaharcustoms.gov.in) under the heading “Latest Updates” for wider publicity and necessary action at the end of the concerned exporters.
Members are therefore, requested to kindly update your bank accounts immediately and not to make any changes in the same during the current financial year for smooth disbursal of IGST Refund.
In case you are facing any difficulty in this regard, you may contact the Deputy/Assistant Commissioner of Customs (Drawback or EDI) in person or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)/ Tel Nos.022-27244869 and 022-27244857, respectively under intimation of the Council.