Circular No: ES/ 213 /2017-18 November 02, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Public Notice No. 137/ 2017 dated 25.10.2017
JNCH customs (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 137/ 2017 dated 25.10.2017 on the above subject.
Your kind attention is invited to the Public Notice No. 11/2009 dated 09.03.2009 and Board Circular No. 05/2009 dated 02.02.2009 wherein exporters are required to furnish a negative statement from the Authorized Dealer/Chartered Accountant in the prescribed Annexure from 01.01.2004 onwards (separately for 6 months).
It has been noticed by the JNCH Customs that -
- Exporters are not submitting separate 6 monthly negative statement of the Authorized Dealer/CA for the period January –June/July – December for every year after 01.01.2004.
- As a result, the details of export proceeds for export shipments made during that period are not properly reflected.
- Negative certificate merely shows “Nil” and columns are not filled in by Authorized Dealer/C.A.
- Submission of such certificates do not reflect the shipping bills against which there is late realization of sale proceeds which is in violation of provisions envisaged under Section 75 (1) of the Customs Act, 1962 read with sub-rule 16A (1) of the Customs, Central Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995.
Now, it is reiterated by the Customs that -
- Exporters should refrain from submitting consolidated statements as described above and should submit separate statements for the period January-June/July-December for each year.
- The certificate must show the details of export proceeds against shipping bills, not realized or realized beyond the statutory time limit set by RBI from time to time.
Members may kindly make a note of the above instructions given by the JNCH and do as directed.