Circular No.ES/282/2017-18 January 22, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Addition of 5 Functionalities on GST Portal
The Council would like to inform you that the following five functionalities have been added on GST Portal.
- Form GST REG 16, application for cancellation of registration by the newly registered taxpayers, has been made available on the GST portal.
- It may also be noted that, the period for migration of taxpayers from VAT/Service Tax and Central Excise, by filling up From GST REG-26, got over on 31st Dec 2017 (after 6 months of operation of GST). The said facility is thus withdrawn on GST Portal. Those who have not activated their Provisional ID, issued by their tax department, will not be able to migrate to GST and will have to take fresh registration, now.
- GSTR 4 offline utility, for preparation and filing of Return by composition dealer, for the quarter October to December 17, is available in download section of the GST Portal.
- Offline utility for preparation and filing of statement of inward supplies in Form GSTR-11, by persons having Unique Identity Number (UIN), has been made available on the GST Portal.
- (Declaration for claim of input tax credit under sub-section (1) of section 18) is made available to the taxpayers.
GRIEVANCE REPORTING BY TAX PAYER:
- As you are aware, E-Way Bill for movement of goods will come into force across India, with effect from 01.02.2018. An E-Way bill is required for all interstate movement of goods of value of Rs. 50,000/- and above. For more details, user manual, FAQ etc, on E-way bill, please log on to http://ewaybill.nic.in.
This is for your information.