Circular No. ES/330/2017-18 March 16, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub: DGFT launches e-MPS facility to make online payment for miscellaneous applications
To promote ease of doing business, DGFT has launched e-MPS facility to make online payment for miscellaneous applications vide Trade Notice No. 25/2018 dated March 14, 2018. This facility has been provided online for submission of applications for various FTP schemes and digital payment for these applications. Still, there are applications like amendment of license, payment of composition fee etc. where facility of online payment is not available.
To bridge this gap, a facility is being made available to make online payment of fee / charges for all the applications where payment is currently being made through manual mode i.e. through Demand Draft/ Bank Receipt.
How the e-MPS facility will work –
- Using this e-MPS facility, the online payment can now be made even for a manual application made to a DGFT Regional Office/ HQ.
- The proof of payment, along with the relevant application has to be submitted to the concerned DGFT Regional Authority (RA)/ DGFT HQ.
- On submission, the concerned DGFT Regional Office will authenticate the payment from the system and update it as utilized.
- O/o DGFT will print the receipt, having unique DGFT reference number, of payment received and will link it with the particular application submitted. The fee for the application will be treated as paid and application will be processed.
- Both, the online payment and manual mode payment will be allowed for one month from the issue of this trade notice.
- The issues reported and problem faced with the e-MPS will be addressed in this one month period.
- At the expiry of the one month period all the fee payments will have to be made electronically only.
- It has to be noted that this new facility is not to be used for making payment for applications where an online payment facility coupled with online application facility is already available. For example; fee for MEIS has to be paid through the MEIS application module only.
- The facility of online payment can be accessed from DGFT website using Online Application → ECOM → Online ECOM Application path or from http://126.96.36.199/e_homepage.asp
- The applicant has to login using his Digital Certificate. Login ids/ passwords have been created for DGFT offices to access this module.
Members may kindly download the user guide from the above link.