Circular No.ES/95/ 2018-19 15th June, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub: ICES Application migration to Solaris
JNCH (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 98/2018 dated 13th June, 2018 on the above subject.
As you may be aware, that from past few months, the systems infrastructure is getting upgraded to a new and advanced platform.
In this connection, members may please note the following-
- As part of this upgradation, ICES application is now being migrated to the new platform. This exercise being unprecedented may pose some technical challenges.
- Thorough testing is underway to ensure that the transition is seamless and least disruptive.
- The actual migration of the application is planned from 23:00 hrs on Saturday, 16th June 2018, until the successful completion of the activity, tentatively expected by 18:00 hrs of Sunday, 17th June 2018.
- During this period, the application would not be available to the trade users, participating government agencies and CBIC Officials. A ticker has also been placed on the application page informing about the planned downtime.
In view of the above, the following Advisory is being issued for the benefit of all concerned:
- The filing of declarations (Bill of Entry, Shipping Bill, Import General Manifest and Export General Manifest) would be halted at 20:00 hours on 16.06.2018 (Saturday). All the locations are advised to clear the consignments by 22:00 hours on 16.06.2018. Necessary steps to accomplish this may be taken by respective System Managers.
- It is advised that Section 48 approvals would be stopped at 2000 hours on 16.06.2018 (Saturday).
- Once migrated, another round of user testing shall be undertaken before the application is made available to all the users, expectedly from 18:00 hours on 17.06.2018. In case of any extension in timelines beyond that specified above, for any unforeseen reasons whatsoever, suitable and necessary instructions/advisory would be communicated by DG Systems.
- The users may contact the Saksham Seva Helpdesk for any clarifications in this regard at the contact details provided below.
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org /
Toll-Free: 1800 266 2232 OR 1800 121 4560
Members may kindly make a note of the above.