Circular No.ES/115/2018-19 July 04, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Introduction of new Para 3.24 in the Chapter 3 of the Handbook of Procedures, 2015-20.
O/o DGFT has issued Public Notice No 17/ 2015-2020 dated 03rd July, 2018 by adding the following Paragraph in the Hand Book of Procedures Vol I (notified through Public Notice No. 01 dated 01.04.2015 and amended from time to time.
Para 3.24 is being added as below:
“3.24 No Incentive Certificate under MEIS
- Wherever an exporter requires a certificate to the effect that No incentive under MEIS has been taken for shipment(s) which is being re-imported, the exporter will submit a request in the specified format , ANF 3E- “Application for No Incentive Certificate” to the concerned Regional Authority (RA) as per para 3.06 (a) of the HBP 2015-20.
- The following procedure will be followed at the concerned Regional Authority while issuing the No Incentive Certificate, in the specified format Appendix 3F.
- Wherever, MEIS has been utilized by the applicant for the relevant shipping bill(s), the applicant is required to refund the proportionate amount along with interest at the rate prescribed under the section 28AA of the Customs Act, in the relevant Head of Account of Customs. On receipt of proof of payment, the RA would issue the certificate.
- Wherever, MEIS has been issued to the applicant for the relevant shipping bill (s) but the MEIS scrip has not been utilised, the applicant should surrender the MEIS scrip to the RA. The RA would then issue the certificate and simultaneously inform the NIC to block the relevant shipping bill(s).
- Wherever, MEIS has not been applied for or MEIS has been applied for but no scrip has been issued, the RA would issue the certificate in the specified format, on the basis of the undertaking submitted in the application and simultaneously inform the NIC to block the relevant shipping bill(s).
The format of the “Application for No Incentive Certificate Under MEIS”, ANF 3E and “No Incentive Certificate under MEIS”, Appendix 3F are in the Annexure to this Public Notice and are also being notified.
Members may kindly make a note of the above.