Circular No.ES/198/2018-19 September 07, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub.: Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (A- TUFS)- 13.1.2016 to 31.3.2022 (Circular No. 6)
We would like to inform you that O/o Textile Commissioner has issued Circular No. 6 (2018) (2018-2019 series) dated 31st August, 2018 prescribing the following procedures for enlistment of machinery manufacturers under Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS).
- Incorporation of the unit evidenced by a Certificate of Incorporation, etc.
- Sales figures of the machinery for use in the relevant segmnent of textile value chain.
- In case of imported machinery manufacturer, Certificate from the Embassy or Trade Council of the respective Country either situated in their Country or in India, stating that they are Textile Machinery manufacturer in the respective country.
- An Undertaking / Self Declaration as per available prescribed format (The format is available on the website at http://www.txcindia.gov.in/tufs_home/tufs_home.Htm).
- Valid/ Renewed ISO 9000 (ISO 14000 for processing machines & ISO 18000 for energy saving machines) or equivalent Quality Certification as specified vide Circular no. 1 (2017- 18 series), Circular No. 6 (20I7-18 series) & Circular No. 1 (2018- 19 series) dated 26.04.2017, 14.07.2017 & 10.04.2018 respectively.
As you may be aware, as per Revised Resolution on ATUFS dated 02.08.2018. requests for Just In Time (JIT) will be entertained if the machinery meets the technology specification but the manufacturer is not included in the indicative list. In this regard, the following has been decided:
- Alert will be generated for the O/o Textile Commissioner to examine the eligibility of the machinery to get included in the list and get it enlisted or rejected in the next monthly meeting of the Technical Committee.
- This exercise along with the approval of the Technical Advisory-Cum-Monitoring Committee (TAMC) should get completed within 45 days.
- It is also pertinent to mention that for approving the subsidy, the enlistment of the manufacturer or his authorized agent / supplier is essential.
Please note that the applicant unit has to ensure that the machinery manufacturer who has not been enlisted and entered by the unit at the time of JIT request had submitted the required documents within a month’s time in order to place the same before the next monthly meeting of the Technical Committee.
Members may kindly make a note of the same.