Circular No.ES/ 248 / 2018-19 16th October, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub.: Monitoring of realisation of export proceeds for shipping bills for which drawback has been claimed and disbursed
We would like to inform you that JNCH (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 137/2018 dated 10th October, 2018 on the above subject. Earlier JNCH had issued Public Notices No.11/2017, 40/2017 and 108/2018 in this regard.
With regard to the above, we would like to draw your kind attention on the following –
- RBI-BRC module is effective for all the shipping bills for which LEO (Let Export Order) date is on or after 01.04.2014.
- Accordingly, the list of defaulting IECs along with count of shipping bills whose ‘Expected Realisation Date’ is from 01.01.2015 to 30.09.2018 has been generated from RBI-BRC Module and uploaded on the JNCH website (http://www.jawaharcustoms.gov.in).
- For convenience of exporters, the defaulters list has been generated for every quarter from 01.01.2015 onwards and listed IEC-wise.
- For any LEO date the default period will fall normally after 9 months or more if the exporter got extension of time limit from RBI.
- In case any member whose names has been listed in the defaulters list is advised to kindly follow up with their authorised dealer bank for updating the export proceeds realisation details in the respective bank’s EDPMS system so that data is transmitted to customs for reconciliation.
- Failing to follow the above instruction, suitable alerts shall be placed against the defaulting exporters and show cause notices shall be issued for recovery of drawback disbursed along with interest.
- It is further informed that for the shipping bills listed in the defaulter’s lists on this Public Notice (i.e. shipments on or after 01.04.2014), no manual BRCs/ Negative statements will be accepted.
In case you face any difficulty with regard to this Public Notice, you may kindly contact the Deputy Commissioner of Customs (Export Proceeds Realisation Monitoring Cell) Drawback Section, NS-II (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Members may kindly make a note of the above and follow the instructions as advised at the earliest.