Ref. No. Exh/Algeria/2604 Date: 5th November 2019
TO MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
Sub: Invite Participation in TEXSTYLE EXPO, Algiers in Algeria from February 25-27, 2020
We are pleased to inform you that the Synthetic and Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC) is mobilising participation of its member companies in “TEXSTYLE EXPO”, 4th Algeria Fashion & Tex Exhibition in a dedicated “India Pavilion” to be held at Algiers in Algeria from 25th - 27th February, 2020 at CIC --Centre International De Conferences d'Alger, Algeria. This Fair is under MAI grant from the Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
Why Algeria for organizing participation in the Expo?
- Algeria along with Turkey is the ‘Gateway to Europe’ for exporters and also acts as the sourcing point for smaller markets in West and North Africa
- Algeria is one of the largest markets of Textiles in Africa with a growing and young population
- The domestic textile and leather market is valued at US$ 4 billion
- Free Trade Agreements with European Union, COMESA and Arab World gives local manufacturers both Tariff -free and quota –free access programme
- The Algerian textile industry is seen as a job creator and is part of the economic stimulus package launched by the government. Exemption from Vat and custom duties,
- Cheap labor costs make it an attractive market
- The European Union is Algeria's main trading partner and accounts for 67% of Algeria's exports and thereby offers huge scope for Indian exporters.
- Main categories of visitors expected to attend this upcoming event are Professionals, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Traders, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Exporters, Key Decision Makers.
- Three editions of TEXSTYLE-EXPO gathered more than 400 national and international exhibitors
- Algeria imported US$ 2 billion of textiles and clothing during 2018 from various markets.
- However, Algeria‘s import of textile and clothing from India during 2018 was US$ 38 million (2.07% only)
- Algeria’s import of Man-made fibre textiles from the Global market in 2018 was US$ 8.01 billion. However, import of Man-made fibre textile by Algeria from India was only US$ 20.25 million accounting for Yarn 2.52% of its total import of MMF textiles in 2018.
- Product share in India’s export of MMF textiles to Algeria were Fabrics (US$ 1.61 Mn) 6%, Yarn (US$ 5.51 Mn) 22.71%, Made-ups (US$ 15.57 Mn) 64% and Fibre (US$ 1.57 Mn) 6%
- Main MMF textile items imported by Algeria from India include Polyester Filament fabrics, Polyester Blended fabrics, Polyester Viscose fabrics, Polyester Filament Yarn, P/V Yarn, Shawls/scarves, Muffler, etc.
- Major countries supplying MMF textiles to Algeria are China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, India, Belgium, Spain etc.
Products on Display:
- TEXTILE: Raw Material, Yarn, Fabrics, Non-Woven Textile, Smart Textile, Furnishing, Haberdashery & Accessories, Home Linen
- APPAREL: Ready To Wear, Garment, Hosiery, Lingerie, Workwear, Sportswear, Fashion Accessory
- LEATHER: Leather, Leatherette, Tannery, Accessory, Leather Clothing, Shoes & Bags
- DESIGN & PRINT: Design and fashion, Professional formation center, Textile printing, Serigraphy & flocking. Dye and Textile ink, Textile printing, Textile printing on Textile
Benefits of Participation:
- Rs. 85,000 for 6 sqmtrs
- Rs.1,35,000 for 9 sqmtrs
GST – Not Applicable
- 10 booths of 6 sqm and
- 10 booths of 9 sqm each.
A fully equipped booth of 6 sqm. & 9 sqm. with carpet tiles, wall elements, fascia board with company name,1 table, 2 chairs, 1 wall hanger or 1 yarn shelf, 1 spot light, 1 power socket, 1 dustbin.
For 9 sqm. booth you will be given additional 1 spot light.
Two side open booths will be allotted on first-come-first served basis.
Additional Benefits provided by SRTEPC:
- Up to 70,000/- MAI Reimbursement of return airfare to eligible participants (Refer www.srtepc.in)
- Pooled Interpreter services for exhibitors
- Adequate publicity for participation of member exporters among target buyers in addition to promotional efforts of Organisers
- Promotional support for exhibitors through Catalogue, Fair Dossier, Press / Media coverage etc.
- B2B meetings being scheduled for our participation
- Will facilitate for Hotel arrangements and Algerian Visa through Indian Embassy & Organisers for Recommendatory Letters, Note Verbal,etc.
Terms & Conditions:
- MAI subsidized “One Company-One Booth”. Free to book any number of booths of your choice at market cost of the same.
- “First-come-First served” 20 companies only with MAI subsidized participation fee.
- Council will suggest names of Travel Agency for booking tickets. Payment for stay in Hotel will be made directly by participants.
- Last date to receive Application with full payment is extended up to 15th December 2019.
- 80% Cancellation charge, if participation is withdrawn on or before 7th December 2019.
- No refund will be available, if participation is withdrawn on any date thereafter.
Request to Apply Immediately: Member-companies to immediately reply by confirming their participation with filled in “Application Form”, along with payment, latest by 15th December 2019.
Encl: “Application Form (download)”