Circular No.ES/39/2020-21 14th April, 2020
To: Members of the Council
Sub: CBIC exempts customs duty on ventilators, personal protection equipments, covid-19 testing kits and inputs for these goods.
This is to inform you that CBIC has issued Notification No. 20/2020- Customs dated 9th April, 2020 exempting customs duty on ventilators, personal protection equipments, covid-19 testing kits and inputs for these goods. This notification shall remain in force up to and inclusive of the 30th September, 2020.
Details of the Chapter/ Sub-heading/Tariff item and description of goods are as follows:
1) 9018 or 9019 - Artificial respiration or other therapeutic respiration apparatus (Ventilators)
2) 63 or any chapter - Face masks and surgical Masks
3) 62 or any chapter - Personal protection equipment (PPE)
4) 30, 38 or any chapter - Covid-19 testing kits
5) Any Chapter - Inputs for manufacture of items at S. Nos. 1 to 4 above,subject to the condition that the importer follows the procedure set out in the Customs (Import of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty) Rules, 2017.
Members may kindly make a note of the above amendments.