Circular No. ES/95/2020-21 1st May, 2020
To : Members of the Council
Sub: DPIIT Control Room playing a pivotal role in monitoring the issues of Industry and Trade, and solving the difficulties faced by various stakeholders during the lockdown period
As you may be aware, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, had set-up a Control Room w.e.f 26th March, 2020 to monitor the issues of Industry and Trade and take up such matters with the concerned State Government, District and Police Authorities and other concerned agencies.
This Control Room monitors the issues of internal trade, manufacturing, delivery & logistics of essential commodities and difficulties faced by various stakeholders during the lockdown period to resolve any supply chain issues (Press Release issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry dated 30th April, 2020).
Please note the following-
- Out of the total number of 1962 queries registered till 28th April 2020 - 1739 have been resolved/settled and 223 are currently under resolution. More than 1000 queries were received from five States/UTs viz., Delhi, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Gujarat.
- The team monitors and tracks the disposal of queries, generates daily MIS reports for information of senior officers in the Department, tracks the important queries by calling up the affected people and obtains their inputs while taking up the matter with the concerned agency. Hence, it helps in making an assessment about the efficacy of various agencies involved in resolution of issues.
- This team helps senior officers to know the impact of their interventions and thus keeps everyone apprised of the status of resolution of grievances.
- Any manufacturing, transporter, distributor, wholesaler or e-commerce companies facing ground level difficulties in transportation and distribution of goods or mobilization of resources/Procedural and policy issues can inform to the Department at the following telephone number: + 91 11 23062487 (Functional from 8 AM to 6 PM) and email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After registering the queries, the DPIIT control room staff forwards the same to the State level control rooms and the Chief Secretary of the State with the request to initiate necessary action and ensure that the required relief is provided to the querists at the earliest.
- The queries received in the control room are forwarded to the senior officers of DPIIT who constantly monitor the issues and in case of an issue requiring urgent intervention, the same are also taken up with other officers of the State Government including the concerned District Magistrate or Police functionaries.
- All the senior officers of the DPIIT have been assigned specific States with which they continuously interact and urge upon the State functionaries to initiate action on pending issues.
- The State Government Departments such as Industry, Transport, Consumer Affairs and Food and public Distribution are also monitoring the resolution of such queries separately.
- Minister of Railways, Commerce and Industry Shri Piyush Goyal quite frequently takes stock of the nature of issues raised through the control room and has been urging all concerned to initiate action necessary to ensure supplies of essential goods to the common man in every part of the country.
- Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra, Secretary DPIIT along with his senior colleagues also regularly reviews the status of pending issues in the States during his meetings held through video conferences.
Members may kindly make a note of the above.