Circular No. ES/268/2020-21 17th July, 2020
To : Members of the Council
Sub.: Turant Customs- Setting up of Turant Suvidha Kendra (TSK) at Air Cargo Complex-Mumbai
Air Cargo Complex (Sahar) has issued Public Notice No.99/2020 dated 14th July, 2020 regarding setting up of Turant Suvidha Kendra (TSK) at Air Cargo Complex-Mumbai.
Your kind attention is invited to CBIC Circular No. 32/2020-Customs dated 6th July, 2020 regarding Turant Customs–Turant Suvidha Kendra and Other Initiatives for Contactless Customs. CBIC has now decided to extend Turant Suvidha Kendra to all the Customs formations for carrying out the functions mentioned in para 5 of Circular No. 28/2020- Customs dated 5th June, which are as under-
1) Acceptance of Bond and Bank Guarantee (BG) and debit the same.
2) Carry out any other verification of documents etc. that may be referred by Faceless ASsessment Groups.
3) Defacing of documents/ permits/ licenses/ certificates etc wherever required.
4) Debit of documents/ permits/ licenses/ certificates etc wherever required.
5) Other functions determined by the Commissioner to facilitate trade.
The broad scheme of the TSK would be as follows:
1) The document verification by Customs officers at Assessment and Customs Compliance Verification (CCV) stages would normally be based on the documents uploaded in the e-Sanchit, not requiring physical submission of documents. However, if in any exceptional situation the physical submission of documents is required by Customs, for defacement or validation, such submission would be made only at the TSKs.
2) Documents requiring verification during examination for validation with goods would continue to be done during the examination, as at present.
The TSK of ACC, Mumbai (INBOM4) will be operational w.e.f. 15th July, 2020 at ACC, Mumbai and it will be headed by DC/EDI (Import) and manned by officers at the following rank:
1) Appraising Officer/ Superintendent of Customs
2) Examining Officer/ Preventive Officer
Separate Office Order is being issued for posting of officers at TSK.
Location and Staffing of TSK
The following are the details of TSK created at ACC (Sahar):
ACC (Sahar) has advised the members of Trade to approach TSK for the functions detailed at para no.1 above and physical interface with the Assessment Groups should invariably be avoided.
In case of any difficulty, members may kindly contact the Additional Commissioner of Customs (Import), ACC, Mumbai.
Members may kindly make a note of the above and do the needful.