Circular No. ES/419/2020-21 2nd February, 2021
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Mandatory uploading of documents in e-Sanchit – Further Clarifications (ACC)
Air Cargo Complex (Sahar) has issued Public Notice No.9/2021 dated 1st February, 2021 regarding further clarifications on mandatory uploading of documents in e-Sanchit. In this regard, JNCH had issued Public Notice No. 13/2021 dated 1st February, 2021.
As per the feedback received from members of Trade and field formations, Board had taken up with the respective PGAs to upload all the required mandatory documents.
- Consequently, the mandatory document code list has been revised removing some document codes/CTHs. The updated list is given as Annexure I (attached to the Public Notice No. 13/2021).
- Further, for some of the document codes, the earlier requirement of uploading by PGA only has been kept at abeyance for some time. The doc codes where uploading continues to be accepted only by PGA are given in Annexure II (attached to the Public Notice No. 13/2021). All other document codes can now be uploaded by the IEC/Customs Broker on eSanchit. This list as given in Annex II will be revised to include more document codes in due course.
- It is reiterated that PGAs will only be able to upload documents for the IECs registered on ICEGATE. Therefore, Air Cargo Complex has advised all the importers to immediately avail the facility of simplified registration of ICEGATE.
- Doubts have been raised whether the amendment to the Statement table of BE can be filed to include the exception reasons for non-applicable cases as elaborated in Para 2(d) of ICES Advisory 04/2021.
It is clarified that –
The amendment can be filed through service centre as well as online. The amendment has to be filed at item level giving the Inv. Sl. No. and Item Sl. No. of the item against which exception is being claimed. For online filing of the amendment, Amend Code S_STMT has to be used.
- Considering that there are consignments facing difficulty in clearance due to non-availability of certain documents in the initial days, the Systemic checking of mandatory documents at OOC stage has been disabled for BEs filed before 23rd January, 2021.
In case of any difficulty, members may kindly contact the Addl./ joint Commissioner, Import, ACC at email@example.com.
Members may kindly make a note of the above.