6th April 2017
Downloading of BHIM App
The Council on the occasion of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s birth anniversary (14th April 2017) is planning to hold camps during that week to educate members on downloading and using of the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App devised for quick and easy payment transactions..
The Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an APP designed to facilitate payment transactions using Unified Payment Interface (UPI). Members may kindly note that this App is simple and does not require any filling out of bank details repeatedly and facilitates direct bank-to-bank payments and instant collection of money using mobile number and payment addresses.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the app:
- Android users can download the application from Play Store by searching for ‘BHIM’. The app is not available for iOS users yet.
- Install the application and choose your language. The app will prompt you to verify your phone number using an SMS. Click on Next and wait for the verification process to be completed.
- Once the verification is complete, input a four digit passcode.
- After a passocode is set, the app will ask you to select your bank. Once the bank is selected, the app automatically picks up your details using your phone number. Select the primary bank account that will be used for all your transactions.
- The app displays three options — send, request and scan/pay. Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
- To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your MPIN, usually a four or a six digit code that authenticates a mobile transaction.
- Likewise, you can request money from someone, using their phone number.
- The third option, scan & pay, allows users to transfer money using a QR code, a two dimensional black and white barcode which can be decoded by a smartphone or a tablet. Each phone number is assigned a QR code which can be accessed under profile on the home screen
For further details regarding the App members may kindly visit https://bhimappdownload.com. For any queries regarding downloading of the App you may contact Mr. Rafique, SRTEPC, Tel : 22048797, 22048690.
Members interested to attend the camps may kindly contact Mr. Anand Haldankar, Tel : 22048797, 22048690, Fax : 22048358, E-mail : email@example.com.
V. ANIL KUMAR
Encl: Ministry Letter