Circular No: ES/ 212 /2017-18 November 02, 2017
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Re-print of the shipping bills which are allowed LEO at Parking Plaza
JNCH customs (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 136/ 2017 dated 30.10.2017 on the above subject.
Members of trade had made the following representations during the Permanent Trade Facilitation Committee (PTFC) meeting held in JNCH Customs.
- Whenever there is need for re-print of any shipping bill due to any reason, exporters / Customs brokers are facing difficulty at parking plaza since the procedure followed at Parking Plaza is different from procedure followed at other places.
- The officers at parking plaza are insisting for cancellation of LEO instead of allowing reprint from AC/DC Role.
- Members of trade requested that the cancellation of Let Export Order (LEO) should not be insisted upon.
In view of the above, it has been decided that -
- Issue of reprint of the shipping bills in respect of Parking Plaza shall be dealt by the Asstt. Commissioner/ Deputy Commissioner of Customs posted at “Centralised Export Assessment Cell”.
- Reprint of such shipping bills shall be allowed without the need for cancellation of Let Export Order (LEO).
Members may please make a note of the above.