Circular No.ES/314/2017-18 March 12, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Procedures for registration of Self Sealing for Electronic Sealing of containerized cargo at factory or warehouse premises
JNCH (Nhava Sheva) has issued Public Notice No. 32/2018 dated 07.03.2018 informing about the procedures for registration of Self Sealing for Electronic Sealing of containerized cargo at factory or warehouse premises.
Please note that the Self Sealing Permission (SSP) and Factory Stuffing Permission (FSP) obtained by the Exporters are to be registered with the EDI Systems, JNCH.
Procedures for registration for Self Sealing of export containers are as follows:
- Exporters who are having Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status and already availing the self-sealing procedure will have to submit a self-attested copy of AEO registration and self-sealing permission and follow the Radio-frequency identification (RFID) e-Sealing procedure. They are also to be registered with EDI Systems through FSP Section of JNCH.
- Exporters who were availing the factory/warehouse stuffing permission under Central Excise supervision would be entitled for self-sealing procedure and would have to follow the RFID e-Sealing procedure and have to register with EDI Systems through Factory Stuffing Permission (FSP) Section of JNCH.
- Submission of the following documents:-
- Request letter from Exporter.
- Authorization letter from the Exporter in case the document are submitted by a representative or a Custom Broker.
- Self-Certified Copy of Old FSP/Self Sealing Permission issued by JNCH.
- Self-Certified copy of IEC/PAN/GSTN Registration No.
- Specimen Signature with photograph of authorized signatories duly attested by Director/Partner/Proprietor.
- Exporters who procured a self-sealing permission from the other ports/Custom Stations & ICDs and desire to exports from JNPT Port are required to submit a self-attested copy of self-sealing permission which shall be registered with EDI Systems through FSP Cell of JNCH.
- A single Self Sealing Registration will be granted to the Exporter for stuffing at a particular premises and the Exporter will have to apply separately for each additional stuffing premise, in case SSP is sought for stuffing at multiple premises supervised by authorized persons at each particular premise, respectively.
The aforementioned revised procedure is for Self Sealing registration only for Electronic Sealing as approved by the Board vide Board Circular No. 41/2017 dated 30.10.2017 read with Board Circular No. 26/2017 dated 01.07.2016, 36/2017 dated 28.08.2017.