Circular No.ES/46 /2018-19 May 5, 2018
To: Members of the Council
Sub : 10th Meeting of Technical Advisory-cum-Monitoring Committee (TAMC) under the Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (A-TUFS)
The 10th Meeting of Technical Advisory-cum-Monitoring Committee (TAMC) under the Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (A-TUFS) was held on 4th May, 2018 under the Chairpersonship of the Textile Commissioner in the office of the Textile Commissioner, Mumbai.
The Executive Director of the Council attended the Meeting. In this context, we are pleased to inform you the main points that emerged during the TAMC meeting, which are as under.
- Claims received from lending agencies under RTUFS and RRTUFS for about 78.00 Cr will be forwarded to MOT next week for release.
- Directed all lending agencies to prefer pending claims under RTUFS and RRTUFS immediately. Claims of MTUFS cases will be taken up only after the Evaluation of committed liabilities by NABCONS.
- I-ATUFS software is being modified to facilitate online issue of UIDs under ATUFS.
- Since the progress under SPELSGU of ATUFS is not upto the mark, an action plan will be prepared with in 15 days by a sub-group, to be formed for the purpose.
- The indicative list of around 1700 textile machinery manufacturers enlisted under ATUFS has already been placed on the website of txcindia.gov.in
- The present requirement of ISO 9000 certification for enlistment of textile machinery manufacturers will be done away forthwith.
- Accordingly the machinery manufacturers have to submit only the following documents while applying for enlistment.
*Embassy or trade council certification.
*Certificate of incorporation
*An undertaking stating that they are manufacturing textile machinery.
- Recommended for one more year extension of time limit for JIT request beyond 2 years for 929 RRTUFS cases which applied before 12.07.2016 under ATUFS.
- Recommended for inclusion of standalone Embroidery units under garment/apparel/made-up segment of ATUFS.
- Recommended for relaxation of time lines for making JIT request for the cases (168 delayed by units and 98 delayed by banks for UIDs) under ATUFS condoned by IMSC.
- Recommended for relaxation to be made in i-tufs software to allow for application of JIT inspection even after 2 years for those cases approved by IMSC to consider pending RRTUFS cases under ATUFS.
- Clarified that the machine serial numbers should be written on shipping documents such as commercial invoice or Bill of lading or Airways Bill or Bill of Entry or packing list in case of imported machinery. Machinery numbers should be written in Commercial Invoice in case of domestic machinery.
- Recommended electronic Jacquard for conventional shuttle looms under ATUFS.
- Since there is no much progress on evaluation of committed liabilities under MTUFS and RTUFS by NABCONS, it has been advised to expedite the process for submission of documents and report.
Members may please make a note of the above.