Circular No.: ES/352/2020-21 31st October, 2020
To: Members of the Council
Sub: Linking/Registration of IECs in the new revamped DGFT Online environment
As you are aware, DGFT had issued Trade Notice 16/2020-21 dated 25th June, 2020, informing about the various revamped DGFT services which are planned to be introduced into the new DGFT IT platform. The objective of introducing these revamped systems is to provide paperless, digital, efficient and transparent services to the exporters and importers, and to further the overall goal of Trade Facilitation and Digital India. The platform would be accessible through the existing website: https://dgft.gov.in.
Now, DGFT has issued Trade Notice No.33/2020-21 dated 28th October, 2020 informing that -
- The online processes relating to the entire lifecycle of Advance Authorisation, EPCG & DFIA including their paperless Exports Obligation Discharge (EODC) shall be rolled out soon.
- In addition to these processes, Norms Fixation, Free Sale & Commerce Certificate, Steel Import Monitoring System(SIMS), Import Licencing and some other processes shall also be rolled out soon.
- Among other services, the new online system will have a two-way communication between the DGFT and the exporter/importer and would allow the applicant to apply, monitor the status of the applications, reply to the deficiencies, raise queries etc.
In relation to this proposed roll-out, members may kindly make a note of the following action points:
- The new platform is accessible through user-based IDs for applying online. All IEC holders are encouraged to create login IDs through an online registration process preferably well before the roll out of the next phase of the platform in 2 - 3 weeks.
- For user ID creation, mobile number/email ids will be mandatorily required. The same will be authenticated by the process of OTP/ email based authentication process.
- Users would be required to link their login Ids to their specific IEC. The process of linking would be available post login through an authentication process using a Digital Signature Certificate or Aadhaar based e-Sign.
- Only the Aadhaar e-sign of the proprietors/directors/partners/Karta etc. as mentioned on their IEC may be used for Aadhaar based authentication.
- For Digital Signature certificates (DSC) a Class-II/Class-III Certificate is allowed. The given DSC may be of either of the 3 types –
- Individual DSC of the proprietors/directors/partners/Karta etc.
- Organization-based DSC where the firm name matches the name on the IEC. The given DSC type may be issued in the name of any authorized signatory (as per the rules of the Controller of Certifying Authorities).
- IEC based DSC wherein IEC is embedded as a parameter in the DSC.
- Post linking of the IEC, the IEC holders are requested to complete the IEC autovalidation process by using ‘Modify IEC’ process after logging in.
- IEC holders are required to update the Profile details using the ‘Manage Profile’ option. Details related to Industrial Registrations, Export Performance details and other should be duly filled in. Please note that the profile updation is an automatic process and does not require any approval or fees.
- IEC holders are requested to go through Help manuals & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) available on the new DGFT website under the ‘Learn’ section.
Therefore, to minimize the scope of inconveniences that may arise due to IEC holder’s unfamiliarity with the new revamped online environment and make the transition to a new mode of service delivery smooth and hassle free, all RAs are requested to spread awareness among the Exporters & Importers.
For further guidance, please refer to the Help Manuals & FAQs available under https://dgft.gov.in > Learn > Application Help & FAQs.
For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels —
i. Raise a ticket for your Complaints, Suggestions or Feedback using the feature under https://dgft.gov.in > Services
ii. Call the toll-free Helpline number 1800-111-550
iii. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members may kindly make a note of the above and do the needful accordingly.